COVID-19 Code of Conduct (Guests and Staff)
Please Read Carefully!
Yellow Dog Lodge, Inc. (YDL) and it’s owners and directors are dedicated to your safety, the safety our staff, other trip participants and preventing the spread of COVID-19. We have therefore made several changes in our program, in line with industry best-practices, to reduce exposure to the novel coronavirus.
However, YDL cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed or infected while participating on our trips. Please initial after each section to acknowledge that you have read and understand the information presented.
Please be aware that if you are in one of the following groups your susceptibility to, and the severity of COVID-19 complications may be greater.
- 70 years of age or older
- Pregnant or have recently given birth
- Receiving treatment that compromises the immune system (i.e. corticosteroids, chemotherapy, medications for transplants, TNF inhibitors)
- Having a condition that weakens your immune system (i.e. Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, or other autoimmune disorder)
- Regularly going to hospital or health care setting for treatment
Please observe the following guidelines to assist in the reduction of the risk of COVID-19 exposure to all participants.
In the immediate 14 days prior to your trip:
- Follow the public guidelines issued by Health Canada and your own provincial or Territorial government.
- Maintain physical distance of 2 metres or greater
- Wear a mask in any indoor locations or when it is necessary to be less than 2 metres apart
- Restrict your interactions to your immediate family bubble
- Do not attend large gatherings, bars, places where there is singing
- Follow all municipal, provincial, territorial and federal COVID guidelines
- Self monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days before departure to the NWT. If you develop symptoms you must notify YDL and cancel your trip.
- Avoid unnecessary stops or contact with others on the trip to your remote wilderness destination
- Follow instructions of your outfitter or guide regarding infection control
- For the safety of everyone, YDL strongly recommends obtaining a COVID-19 test a few days prior to trip departure. A positive test will necessitate the cancellation of your trip.
While In Transit
- While traveling to your trip, please follow these guidelines
- Limit exposure to other people by minimizing rest stops/layovers, not eating in restaurants, etc.
- Wearing a mask when indoors, in communal vehicles, aircraft or less than 2 metres apart
- Having windows open for ventilation when in communal vehicles
- Keeping to your seat when in aircraft (except for washroom breaks)
- Bringing your own food/drink
During the Trip
- Please review the document ‘Yellow Dog Lodge COVID Trip Guidelines’ and follow procedures and directives issued by the GNWT office of the Public Health
- Follow directions given by the Lodge Manager
- Ensure Physical Distancing
- Follow Hand Sanitizing protocol
- Follow Equipment Sanitizing protocol
- Be aware of your personal equipment and keep it safe and clean
- Limit interactions with any other groups that you may encounter while on the trip
- Make daily check-ins for the safety and welfare of all
- Report any COVID symptoms to the Yellow Dog Lodge Manager, GNWT office of the Public Health immediately, and start self-isolating
- If you become ill on trip with one or more symptoms associated with COVID-19, you may need to be evacuated from the trip. Even if symptom free, if contacted mid-trip as part of a public health contact trace program, you understand that you may need to be evacuated from the trip and you are responsible for any costs associated with evacuation.